Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fabergé Crochet

Our family just recently inherited some lovely books & magazines from a dear elderly friend of ours who is moving into assisted living. One of my favourites is a jigsaw puzzle book that she gave to the girls, called Fabergé Treasures

Faberge Treasures Jigsaw Puzzle Book by Forbes Magazine Collection (1998)

How sheltered a life I live - I'd heard of Fabergé before, but had never seen any examples of his work. Just stunning! So of course I had to find out if there were any needlework & tea related items:

Fabergé Crochet Hook

Feodor Ruckert Tea Set

So now that I'm inspired to make my own Fabergé styled masterpieces, I'll leave you these needlework interpretations of the jewel master's art:

Ladyfiddler's Ornaments

Carina's Embroidered Eggs

Ebb and Flow Earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment