Monday, August 17, 2009

So Much for Rain & Finishing Projects

I had almost completely forgotten that today the town was having all the pipes flushed - so no water would be available here - a real pain when you have a family of 8 and a mountain of laundry to do! So instead of finishing my cro-tatted edging yesterday after Brianna left, I spent rest of the day doing 6 loads of laundry.

Normally I do one load a day & that keeps me on top of things, but I had been busy getting my paperwork in order for the coming home school year & fighting several computer related problems in the midst of it all, so I had let it slide. At least for my reward I had a nice & toasty comforter to snuggle under when I went to bed - I love that straight from the dryer warmth - especially when the temp took a dive to 5º Celsius last night.

Then I woke up today to find that my youngest son had gotten into my cro-tat project - Wahhhhhh!!! Thankfully it wasn't tangled beyond repair, but he had it frogged back to nearly the beginning :( Guess I know what I'll be working on tonight when all the children are in bed. At least I found a great item today at the local thrift shop to help me keep my thread organized while I'm working on my project - a metal paper towel holder. It can hold two of the large balls of thread on it or up to 8 of the really small balls - very handy.

My day got even better when Rachel came home from checking the mail - with a package for me.

"It's from China?" she sounded a little confused, as usually anything from China is computer equipment that goes to Dad. But I already knew what was in it - the set of 20 circular bamboo knitting needles that I bought on Ebay. Oh happy day!!!!! A few months ago I learned how to knit in the round on two circular needles from Cat Bordhi's great youtube tutorials (see the first one below), and have learned to love making socks again. Now that I have my bamboo set, I'm going to be working like a maniac to get at least two pairs done for the whole family by winter. I'm stoked just thinking about it :) Off I go to find some yummy yarn to work with tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment